23 May 2026 - Blog d'Inigo Barbarin
Our first official day in Lyon was today, the 23rd of May! We got off the plane at around 2:30pm and after collecting our bags, we went out to meet our host families. I met Jean and his dad, and we drove back to their house in Sainte-Foy for about 30 minutes. After giving me some time to rest and unpack, Jean invited me out to explore Sainte-Foy and meet some of his friends.
Outside the house we met two of his friends, Thomas and Jermaine. We walked around and talked for a long time, stopping by the supermarket to grab drinks on the way to the park.
At the park, we talked a little more and they asked me about what living in Boston was like. I was surprised at how much I was able to understand!
Afterwards, we returned to the house and Jean’s mom invited me for an apéro. An apéro is where we have light drinks and small appetizers to share before eating dinner. They asked me a lot of questions about BC High, living in the States, and my family. It was definitely difficult to speak only in French for so long, but I could feel myself getting more comfortable speaking.
For dinner, we had barbecued sausages with asparagus and gnocchi. I could feel myself falling asleep since I was still super jet-lagged, so I turned in pretty much right after dinner. All in all, it was a relaxed first day that helped me rest after a tiring flight.
Comments
Post a Comment